Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frame question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammoth

IS-IT--Management
Feb 28, 2001
US
I am trying to get a frame to display a formula results within a target frame. For example, I have a navigation frame that uses hotspot buttons. One of the buttons uses the formula @Command([Compose];"";"FormName"). I have set the target for this frame to send all links to the Main frame. When I click this hotspot it opens the form completely. I hope I am making sense. Its like the frame does not recognize the target name. BTW--This is PR1 of R6 Designer that I am using. Any suggestions?

When this type of thing hasn't worked for me in the past, I've just added the command @SetTargetFrame before my compose statement. If you haven't tried this before, give it a go.

@SetTargetFrame( framename );
@Command([Compose];"";"FormName")

ps. I'm running R5.08.

Well I tried that and unfortunately it didn't work. Thanks though. Are you using Designer R6? This could possibly be a bug in the new designer although I would doubt it. I am probably just overlooking something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back