Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frame Connection Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

racherry

MIS
Oct 6, 2002
US
We recently switched our SNA 4.0 Server to a Frame connection. The server seems to lose connectivity which restarting the software seems to repair. The event log shows the following errors:
DMAUR Transmitter interupts missed
DMAUR Frames received longer than the config max.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Randy Cherry

We are helping put up a frame relay connection from HIS to a remote SNA node. Haven't seen your exact problem yet. Are you running 802 over Frame Relay? We are thinking of experimenting with the Sangoma Card configured for frame relay.

No and I do believe we have one system using a Sangoma card. I'll learn more in the week to come. I'm setting up a server just to test the Frame Relay without taking down the existing connection.

A few points to remember about the Sangoma product.

(1) The card I'm using is an "all-in-one card" - at least with Frame Relay - no separate CSU DSU to worry about.

(2) The Sangoma drivers are a little tricky to install.

(3) You have to make sure you've configured the card for what you want, not for SDLC.

The Sangoma card driver (at least the one I'm thinking of)has its own log file, which will give you more useful detail than the event log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back