Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fractional PRI How many channels is telco providing

Status
Not open for further replies.

srv1strat

Technical User
Jun 11, 2004
IE
IP office 500
pri trunk card installed with default 8 channels only.
telco is providing fractional pri. is there an option within system status or monitor to confirm the number of channels the telco has enabled on the pri line?

thanks in advance for any help

Ask them is the best way, you can't see individual channel status as far as being live is concerned, but you can see how long since they were last used. If you are asking as you are getting a warning change the amount of channels in the PRI line tab to 8 for everything (voice,data etc.)

ACS - IP Office Implement

i can't ask telco support until monday morning as i'm trying to verify this over the weekend.
even then i'd like to independently confirm the number of channels the telco has enabled.
the reason i'm asking is it appears as if we're getting more channels than we ordered.
when we make calls out the first 8 go out fine. the next 8 calls fail (not getting a line out). the next call (17th) gets a line out on channel 1 & the cycle repeats.
i can see the successful calls in system status using channel 1-8 then failing to get an outgoing line for the next 8 attempts then 17th call gets channel 1 again.
i can't verify this exact pattern on incoming calls but it would appear to be the same. we're getting intermittant success & failures on incoming calls.

Put the channels in a differant Outgoing line id to test, so put channel 9 in outgoing group 1 and make a shortcode to dial out that line, if it fails you know that channel is dead, repeat for each channel and leave the dead channels out the outgoing group you will use.

ACS - IP Office Implement

confirmed problem was telco providing 16 with only 8 enabled on ipo.
fyi. support confirmed there is no way from ipo apps to tell how many channels telco is providing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back