Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FPW26 to Visual 3 or 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

dardapu

Programmer
Sep 10, 2002
I am attempted migrate a program fact in FPW26 to Visual, at the moment version 3 since should have an executable one light to be used in old Pc.
I meet with the following problems.

Those gets that are List or popup doesn't fulfill its return returning to the following get. In some cases I have placed them a valid with RETURN 1, or _CUROBJ=OBJNUM(m.var) with the attaché of Show gets, show get m.var, return.

But I have checked that always to the first defined get completing their valid as if it selected it to him with the enter, it stops then if to be in the object (get) before suitable. This makes him to execute the valid of the first get altering the data processed until the moment again.

To solve this inconvenience I have placed a flag in the first get so that alone it completes their valid in their selection, contrary case leaves its valid without making any operation.

I have proven with a read cycle and alone read obtaining the same problem. The prg and the spr are the results of having used the screen generator in the 2.6 of windows.

Some idea???.

I can get information it has more than enough migration problems among versions, since the same thing happens to the version 6.

Thank you

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish. Do you want to get the Fox2x code running under VFP? Did you run the Fox2x application through the converter? Are you adding new features?

Craig Berntson
MCSD, Visual FoxPro MVP, Author, CrysDev: A Developer's Guide to Integrating Crystal Reports"

Hi
I tried this a few years ago moving FPD 26 to VFP 6, it was a disaster. There were so many issues to overcome that it would have been quicker to rewrite the app in VFP 6.

We ended up with a hybred that was a mess, I would never go down this route again.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back