Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FPW2.6a and apps.exe on WinNT/Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsala

Programmer
Feb 21, 2001
MX
Hello Friends:
I have a multiuser app running in stations with win98/95 and the database and the application.exe file in one server NT. I call the application.exe file from these station and everything works fine . Now one of this station was upgraded to Windows Me and when I call the application.exe file from this station I receive this message from windows : '|Invalid or missing exe file' .
If I run the application.exe from this station again calling it from command window´s FoxproW 2.6 the application run fine.
Someone knows what's happening ? , Why I can't run the application.exe file directly from Windows Me ?
Thanks in advance.

The FoxPro RunTime modules are missing from the Windows ME Computer. Install them from the FoxPro disks or on a developement machine recompile the exe and redistribute it to the WinME computer. David W. Grewe
Dave@internationalbid.com
ICQ VFP ActiveList #46145644

I have the same problem as this thread. Except mine in Win98 and a novell server. My applications are already compiled. Does anyone know what are the run time modules?
\
Thanks.

The runtime files for FPW 2.6a are:
FOXW2600.ESL
FOXRUN.PIF (if you run any DOS commands in the application)
FOXTOOLS.FLL (if you use any of these library functions)
FPATH.FLL (if you use any of these library functions)
RESERVED.FLL (if you use any of these library functions)
and any custom .FLL files you may have.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back