Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FPW->VFP font changed on reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaneJantz

Programmer
Sep 13, 2000
US
I have an application where I print reports using the following method:

?sys(1037) && select which printer
?set print on
set printer font 'courier new',8
type &prtfile && straight txt file
set print off
set print to

Does VFP use different fonts or drivers than FPW?
When I compiled the same code in VFP 6.0, the font size changed from how it printed in FPW 2.6.

This was not that much of a problem, but now one of my users has an HP OfficeJet K80. If is a printer, fax, and scanner. It prints in MSWord fine, but in VFP, the courier new font prints extremely large. No matter what font I use or size it always prints large.

Most of the time, I can have them reinstall new printer drivers and that takes care of the problem. But they downloaded new drivers from the HP website, and it still only prints large fonts. What is puzzling, is that this printer worked fine in FPW 2.6. What is different?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Does VFP use different fonts or drivers than FPW?

Its possible VFP (or another application) installed another version of the font.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Thanks for your response, but I dont think that is it. I had them print something in MSWORD using the courier new font and it came out ok. They do not have full VFP on their system, only my EXE. Does MSWord do something different than VFP?

Jane,
Are they running a different OS than you are? Many same named fonts are not internally the same. I've also seen cases when if Windows decides the specified attributes aren't available, it will substitute another font it thinks is &quot;similar&quot;! <s> This can be especially true if the font isn't TrueType.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back