Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FPW 2.5b

Status
Not open for further replies.

dab123123

Technical User
Feb 23, 2000
US
Just updated to Windows 98 and now I get an error message each time FoxproW is started. Is there a patch or fix available?

I'm sorry I should have listed more detail. I did some Foxpro programming about 5 years ago, DOS and Windows. I have recently had a request to update a program written in 2.5b for windows. This application was moved to a machine running Windows 98 and we get an error message &quot;An error has occured in your program. To keep working anyway, click Ignore and save your work in a new file. To quit this program click close. You will loose information you entered since your last save.&quot; I was wondering if there were some inherent problems running 2.5b under 98.<br>
<br>
I need to brush up on FoxPro and I thought it may be best to go ahead and update to the latest Visual version. Do you know if applications are easily imported to Visual?

I am just guessing but the problem sounds like it is with your File Allocation Table / Hard Drive size on the Windows98 computer. Remember FoxPro 2.5 is DOS based and DOS had a drive size limit of 2 gig. I'll bet the Windows98 computer has a Hard Drive larger then 2 gig. Install a second drive in the windows98 computer that is smaller then 2gig or partition a large drive into 2 gig pieces. The other problem you will run into is the FAT32 and NTFAT. FoxPro 2.5 will only run on a FAT16 drive.<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

You might be right on your first guess, DGrewe, but I run FPDOS on NT4 just fine.<br>
<br>
Also, DAB, trying booting into DOS mode and running it then to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back