Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FP2002 - text resizing- How can I format in MsoNormal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris0001

Technical User
Mar 1, 2002
US
I accidentally discovered from the code on one of my pages that the text formatted (in any font style) with "MsoNormal" in the Style box did not resize in Explorer browser when I set text size to larger/largest.

Being a novice web designer using FP 2002 and without time to learn how to hard code my site, using MsoNormal (and font type selection) seems for me to be the easiest way solve my resizing problem.

Yet it doesn't always appear on the formatting drop down box. How can I get to it, and is it appropriate to use for consistent results in the current browsers?

Note: Assuming Mso means MicroSoft Office, it may be that the pages that have MsoNormal were found on pagest that I created in Word and then saved as .html or cut & paste into my site. Not sure though.

Thanks, Chris

MsoNormal occurs when you copy and paste text from another program such as Word. FP 2003 has an option which allows you clear out odd formatting from other programs. You are probably better off using standard fonts, like Times New Roman or Arial because everyone has those on their computer, plus they will work on browsers other than Explorer.

To clear the MsoNormal from your text, highlight the text. Select FORMAT>REMOVE FORMATTING.

Linda Adams

Thanks Linda.
I created a Word doc, formatted in Footlight MT Light, then cut/paste into web page. Here is a sample of the code. It does refer to the Footlight font, and it also does not resize when I preview in Explorer 6. Haven't posted the redesign, so I can't provide you w/link.

<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD align=left vAlign=top height=&quot;167&quot; width=&quot;422&quot;>
<p class=&quot;MsoNormal&quot;>
<span style=&quot;font-size:14.0pt;font-family:&quot;Footlight MT Light&quot;&quot;>
You, too, can enjoy the beauty of lakes, rivers and rolling ......... etc.

Do you still see a problem? It's the easiest way I found to accomplish what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back