Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FP locks up when saving

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyH23

IS-IT--Management
Mar 23, 2001
US
Periodically FP freezes on me when I'm trying to save a page. I have a 550mhz machine and 128K ram and no problems with other applications so I don't think its my computer. But even if I make a simple 1 line change to a page and press save it lock up. Any ideas?

Have you used the "Resource Meter" application (delivered with Win98) to check on resource availability? Lots of MS applications aren't real tidy about cleaning up after themselves, and resources diminish after a long period of time without reboots... Quite frequently, wierd lockups that aren't otherwise explainable are the result of running out of system resources.

Good suggestion. However, I should have mentioned that I have FP2000 and Windows 2000 Professional. I just looked but couldnt find something like resource meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back