Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FP 2002 image issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mufka

ISP
Dec 18, 2000
US
Whenever I publish a picture with Frontpage 2002, It never works the first time. For example. I create a link on a text htmp page to a file.jpg. After I publish it, if you click the link, you get 404 Page cannot be found. If I go back in to Frontpage and rename the file.jpg to file1.jpg and publish again, it works fine. This happen every time. What is causing this? I try recalculate hyperlinks and that makes no difference. The only way to fix it is to rename the image. I didn'thave this problem with Frontpage 2000, only with Frontpage 2002.

Thanks

Is your development copy of the site in a folder or a subweb? This makes a huge difference. FP treats a subweb like an enclosed entity, which makes the links work properly. But if the site is just in a folder, it may be hardcoding the links to your hard drive. A subweb is identified by a folder icon with a globe in the center. If it's not in a subweb, you can do File>New and create one from there and import the pages into it.

Linda Adams

The images are in a folder within the web. I found that the files are not being published to the server. The links are correct, just no files. To resolve it this time, I right clicked on the folder containing the images and selected "Publish Selected Files". That seems odd to me. It will always publish linked html docs in new folders. Just not images. The really odd thing is if I rename the image files, they will publish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back