Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FP 2002 Changes my CSS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

preterist

Programmer
Aug 18, 2001
US
I just installed FP 2002 and like its new look and features--but just ran into a problem. When I loaded a CSS from one of my webs, I noticed that FP 2002 had removed several of the class selectors' (h2.center, p.sans_bold, etc.) properties: text-align: center; font-weight: bold; color: green; etc.

I put them back in by hand and by using the FP Style editor--(it used my same syntax, so that isn't the reason)--but either way, when I saved the file, they were removed! Only font-size & font-family remain, and FP even altered the family list, also.

Anyone know what is going on? FP Help doesn't!

Chuck

I found the answer :) to my own question by testing some other style code in a new CSS file. FP 2002 deleted stuff because I didn't have quotes around my font names in the font-family property!! It requires "Verdana" for example, but FP 2000 didn't mind at all!

It's strange, but when FP 2002 deleted the text-align & color properties, it left the font-family values without quotes around them!! Sounds like a 'bug' to me. :-(

Chuck

A bug in FrontPage? Well that's about as unusual as ... well, heat in summer. ;)

bunni dot com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back