Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Foxuser.dbf

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccartmd

Programmer
Feb 3, 2003
US
Hi: I loaded vfp9 onto my laptop under c:\program files\microsoft visual foxPro with its automatic load install. Went to tools\options and set file locations to c:\program files\microsoft visual foxpro 9\beautify down the line and set as defualt c:\program files\microsoft visual foxpro 9\foxuser.dbf as resource file. If I exit vfp and open back up the choices sometimes are there and sometimes mostly empty random like.
I deleted the foxuser.dbf and started over and re-set again. Even uninstalled vfp9 and re installed and I get the same behaviour. I searched for other possible foxuser.dbfs and found none and no config.fpw. no pjxs or apps, just vfp9. VFP9 works fine on my desktop but not my laptop,
Any ideas on what I might be missing and how can I track this? Thanks in Advance. Mike

If you used the original setup for vfp9 things should work fine.
No need to manually set things such as the foxuser.dbf resource file and/or the config.fpw.

I would remove anything you've done, and setup again using the setup that comes with VFP9.

Rob.

Are you working with an adminstrative account on the notebook? If not, you should put those files on Drive D or somewhere else you have write access rights.

I came across some issues due to insufficient rights in the Program Files dir with VFP9, eg. with the reportbuilder.

You should download and install SP1 to fix some of these. There's also already a community technology preview of the forthcoming SP2.

Bye, Olaf.

Thanks Rob and Olaf, uninstalled everything and loaded just vfp9 again. . .still would'nt work. New lap top with only xp on it. will follow your lead Olaf and check out asess rights,never thought of that, and down load the sp1 fix.THX

mccartmd,

I got confused by the UI on a similar issue; turns out I neglected to press the "Set as Default" button at the bottom-right of the "Options" dialog ( I was mistakenly reading the button as "Reset to Default" ).

Mccartmd,

Not only do you need to press Set As Default, but you might need to press it separately for each of the items in the File Locations tab (I mean each of the items that you alter).

In earlier versions of VFP, there was a bug that caused only the last file location that you altered to be remembered. I'm pretty sure that's been fixed now, but it might be worth trying, just in case.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Hi: Appreciate the help! Olaf gave me the clue.
Had all the defaults set etc. This was a process of elimination. What was tripping me up was the XP administrative privilages. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back