Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Foxuser.dbf file in FPD26 directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArevProgrammer

Programmer
Apr 7, 2001
US
I just happened to notice this file is growing everytime I
make a new project, or change anything to an existing project. How can I get rid of some of this stuff and return
it to its default state without losing the color sets that
come with it when first installed.

Thanks,

Scott Rome was not built in a day. Be patient!

Scott,
In you command window enter:

SET RESOURCE OFF

Then:

USE C:\FPW26\FOXUSER EXCL

You can now browse the file, and "See" the stuff you want to keep, vs. the stuff you want to delete. Delete the recrods you don't want.

then issue:

PACK
USE
SET RESOURCE TO C:\FPW26\FOXUSER

Cheers!
Best Regards,
Scott

Please let me know if this has helped [hammer]

Scott & Scott,
It's often a good idea to use what FP "knows" is the resource file. So:
SET RESOURCE OFF
SELECT 0
USE (sys(2005))

USE
SET RESOURCE ON && will automatically use SYS(2005) value!

Rick

Or, after you get fox pro configured like you want it.
Drop to DOS or open windows Explorer and change the attributes on the 2 foxuser files to READ ONLY.
David W. Grewe
Dave@internationalbid.com

The FOXUSER.DBF file holds a lot of information about your development environment. It holds the size and position of each window / screen that you open, and a lot of additional information. This information is saved so that when you need to repeat an operation (such as Modify Command nnnn,
open a Browse window or Modify Screen nnnn, etc.) Foxpro knows how and where you did it last time.

This information continues to accumulate (grow) during the development process as new development environment information needs to be saved.

The process that Scott (TheManiac) describes above is the best way to manually clean out the file. Once you get it clean you might want to save a copy of it to another file name and then, instead of having to repeatedly clean it out, you can merely over-write it with the "virgin" copy.

Good Luck,
jrbbldr
jrbbldr@yahoo.com

Arev:
You might check through your hard drive(s) to make sure there isn't more than one foxuser dbf/fpt. Some really strange stuff can happen if you've got two or more "on the path."
Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back