Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Foxpro Win 2.6 disables Function keys in Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2002
AU
I am supporting a FoxWin application developed by others, but I have all source code. A form in the application uses F2 to F8 to populate a field with one of seven alternate memo strings. This is a key feature for all users.

Client machines normally do not have FoxWin installed, but it is sometimes necessary to do so to fix some data problem on a server. After FoxWin has been installed on a PC the function keys F5 to F8 no longer work in the application.

De-installation of FoxWin does not fix the problem. We will try re-installing Win 98, but this is not a realistic long-term solution even if it works.

We have so far not been able to find any reference to function keys (or macros) in the source code of the form or in any of the programs that run prior to the form being displayed.

Can anyone suggest a fix, either in the FoxWin environment or in the application code?

Cheers

John

John,
That is very odd behavior. I assume you've done searchs for "ON KEY LABLE" assignments, which is usually how you would set up such objects. I'm not aware of anything that could cause this problem by simply installing FPW2.6 on a machine. I'll give it a bit more of a think, and see if i can come up with any other odd reasons this might happen. Best Regards,
Scott

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, and no simpler."[hammer]

You must check config.fpw for F2,F8 entries, on your working machines. You can find commands refering your post.

good luck
sorin

Thanks for the suggestions.

So far I have been unable to find any ON KEY LABLE assignments in any PRG or SCT file.

There are no F key entries in config.fpw

?? Guess I'll keep looking & hoping!

John

Thanks for the suggestions.

So far I have been unable to find any ON KEY LABLE assignments in any PRG or SCT file.

There are no F key entries in config.fpw

Guess I'll keep looking & hoping!

John

That app may be using a config file which has a different file name than CONFIG.FPW too. It may also be restoring the function key settings from a .MEM file or a .FKY file which, knowing programmers the way I do, may or may not have a different extension that the default file name.
You can always make your own CONFIG.FPW and put your own ON KEY LABEL .... definitions in it.
Dave S.

John, I agree with Dave,
you must find "F5" with FILER in all files,
not only .prg, as it must somewhere be,
otherwise hit F5 call "disp stru" command...
Tesar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back