Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FoxPro programmer moving to Access...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguy

Programmer
Aug 1, 2001
US
Hey there folks --

I've been working in FoxPro for about 5 years now, but now have to move to Access for a current project. I'm wondering if someone could direct me to a tutorial or two about programming in Access with VBA. I'm looking for the basics of data manipulation through code.. for instance, i'm working with a login form now (just playing). I have a username and password text box. I need to click a button, seek the user name in the users table, encrypt the entered password and check it with the password stored in the table and respond accordingly. I have the code to encrypt the password, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to seek thru the table, compare, data, etc..

Could anyone recommend a good tutorial site on VBA data access in Access 2002?? Thanks in advance!

-- michael~

Thatguy,
Try these on for starters, Free and on-line:

Hope this helps. There are other goods ones but I just bought a new computer and haven't transferred anything over yet. Who takes 7 seconds to develop,
7 mins to document,
7 hours to test,
7 months to fix will always blame the clock. s-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back