Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

foxpro lockup in windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmichelsen

Technical User
Nov 23, 2002
US
I have two stations running windows XP on my network, so I was surprised when a newly purchased machine locked up running foxpro 2.6 dos. It will not lockup if we open a dos window from the menu, but then this window trashes the appearance by distorting the proportions and using a strange font. If we open a dos window by starting run and CMD the proportions are correct it just locks up after a couple of minutes use. We have tried changing the properties of the various windows but to no avail. This newest version of XP seems to be somehow different from the ones purchased 2 and 3 years ago in their treatment os DOS windows. Any suggestions?

You may have 2 separate problems
SCREEN
Set up a desktop shortcut.
Program --> e.g. c:\fox26\foxprox myprog as appropriate for you
Go to the screen tab and select Full Screen. In your program you can add the line SET DISO TO VGA25
Select a working directory e.g. c:\fox26

FREEZE
Check your FILES setting.

You may have 2 separate problems
SCREEN
Set up a desktop shortcut.
Program --> e.g. c:\fox26\foxprox myprog as appropriate for you
Go to the screen tab and select Full Screen. In your program you can add the line SET DISP TO VGA25
Select a working directory e.g. c:\fox26

FREEZE
Check your FILES setting.

You may have been lucky that the previous two system haven't suffered lockups - the new one seems to be closer to the "norm". Do a search on TameDOS or DOSIdle to find previous discussions on this topic.

Rick

I set the files etting before I ever tried to run the fox program. This is not the problem. The strange font and bad proportions are not affected by the full screen or VGA25 settings. I already tried all of this before posting the problem.

Dan Michelsen

Question for Rgbean. Where do I search tame dos or dos idle, in this forum this search produces no results.

dmichelsen,
try add to .bat file as first row
mode con: cols=80 lines=20
Tesar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back