Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Foxpro 2.5 print buffer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mearss

Technical User
Jul 24, 2001
US
I am running reports in FoxPro 2.5 under Windows98. After printing two pages of a 8 page report, I must exit Foxpro before the other pages print. I am using a HP712c printer.

Is there a remedy for this problem?

Hi read the following FAQ
How to make Printer Outputs start quicker ?
faq182-785

Hope this helps

ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com
LET KNOW IF THIS HELPED. ENOUGH EXPERTS ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT! BEST OF LUCK :)

Ramani-

Thank you for your response. I did as you suggested. I added the two items to the System.ini file. Problem still exists.

Foxpro printed 4 of 16 pages of the report. I then must exit Foxpro for the other 12 pages to print

Do you use MEMLIMIT in config.fp ?
How long time you wait before exit FoxPro ?

Tesar-

There is no MEMLIMIT in the Config.fp. The print starts immediately after exiting Foxpro

As I have 2.0, is not my own experience, but
MEMLIMIT=80,4096,8192
or similarly (80=80% CPU time) is good.
My problem reduced
SET PRINT TO
SET PRINT TO
after each REPO FORM ...
My question was, how much your patience (in seconds)
is BEFORE you exit FoxPro (sorry my poor english..)
May be wait one second in addition, page print ?

Tesar-

Waiting forever will not help. Prints will not begin until you exit from Foxpro.

As keyword search is finally in function,
I recommend read
"FPW hangs with REPORT FORM"
thread 182-52312 and other...

I'm wondering if this is a fancy Laser-type report or just a dump of text in a readable format? If bold print/fancy lettering is not an issue, I have found that sending the report to a text file first, then copying to the printer can bypass some of these sticky printer-related problems. By the way, is this a local printer or networked? And have you tried to adjust the printer settings to not use the spooler to see if that helps?

larryboy-
Thank You! It is a local printer with no fancy printing requirements.

I changed the spooler from EMF to RAW... problem solved!

The program runs a little slower while waiting for print to finish... but much more preferable then exiting out of FoxPro.

THANK YOU

Just a postscript/expansion: if there are no fancy requirements, I get very fast response to create a Fox/DOS report, send it to a file, then to the printer. No messing with the printer settings, either. Just a (little more) thought...

emf to raw is a good solution, also always send an eject before and after long reports going to hp printers. (dont know why but it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back