Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FoxPro 2.5 DOS/Win2000 printer pause problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

russbeattie

Programmer
Jun 26, 2001
CA
I have a client who I have supported for years using DOS and SBT Accounting compiled with FoxPro DOS 2.5. They have upgraded hardware and moved to Win2000 Pro for their 7 station network.
Now on printing a single invoice there is a 15 second pause mid way through. If a batch of invoices are printed it is the last invoice that is paused. I have tried various combinations of printer properties and timeouts with no results. I think it is a FoxPro/DOS window/Win2000 thing and not a source code problem.
Any ideas will be welcome.

HI
FOLLOW THE LINK ...
How to make Printer Outputs start quicker ?
faq182-785

ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com
LET KNOW IF THIS HELPED. ENOUGH EXPERTS ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT! BEST OF LUCK :)

Unfortunately the printer is still pausing mid-invoice in a single invoice print and mid-invoice in the last of a printed series of invoices. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

Unfortunately the printer is still pausing for 15 to 20 seconds mid-invoice in the first invoice or in the last of a series of invoices. If anyone has an idea how to correct this, I'm all ears.

Do you use MEMLIMIT ?
Try
Report form ...
set print to
set print to

does the same type of problem occur with other print jobs? if so your right about it not being a source code problem.
try using the print directly to printer on dos job in the printer settings.

I have a potential workaround. I was working on a Novell network, and the print server continually interfered with printing checks and invoices that were not full-page sizes.
Assuming that Win2000 is also getting in the way, you may try what I did:
I used a DOS report and sent the results to a text file. Then I sent that text file to the printer.
If there are a number of invoices, it can be sent to a database to strip out the line feeds before sending to a text file.
Try doing this with just one invoice. If it solves the problem, I can post the rest of the code ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back