Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FoxPro 2.0 with WIN NT 4.0 - Printing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanDiegoUnified

Technical User
Dec 12, 2000
US
The District recently replaced most of our old Window 95 computers with brand new NT 4.0 units.

Problem: our FoxPro 2.0 programs on the NT machines do not print correctly. We get a banner page and miscellaneous blank form feeds comingled with the spastic output (skipped pages). The print job eventually 'hangs-up'.

These same FoxPro programs still print correctly with the old Win 95 machines. All machines (NT 4.0 & Win95) are printing to the same network printer.

It's like musical chairs with everyone vying for one of the "non-upgraded" (Win95) computers.

Thanks in advance,

Edward
San Diego Unified School District

NT and DOS based programs do not get along very well. Make sure you have NT based print drivers loaded on the NT machines. DO NOT USE THE WIN95 PRINT DRIVERS. David W. Grewe
Dave@internationalbid.com
ICQ VFP ActiveList #46145644

Thanks Dave-

I probably should have mentioned in the original post that we have a DOS based accounting program that prints correctly. In that regard - I'm assuming our problem is with FoxPro 2.0

Edward

I have FoxPro 2.0 on a NT 4.0 machine.
Connected directly to my machine is a
Brother HL Laser Printer via parallel port.
I am able to print directly to this from
FoxPro though I always get a popup message
saying
Some Settings May Not Be Valid inThis application.
But it does print.

Why don't yuou try to see if you can print
to a directly connected printer. If that works,
then the problem may be with the printer
on the network.

Be sure that the local printer is installed
onto Win 4.0 correctly.

Morton Kaplon

What is the model of printer you are using, and what does the foxpro app think it is printing to, and what printer driver is installed on NT4?

Sometimes, a slight mismatch between printer model and printer driver will result in most programs working but the occasional program not working - and I guess that your actual printer is several years newer than the FoxPro 2 printer driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back