Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Foward emails from another persons mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2003
US
We are running Notes 6.5.2 - when opening another persons mail within your mail Client and forwarding a message - Notes makes the recipient default to the user that received the message not the actual sender and also puts the message in your sent view and not the actual senders sent view! Is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mitchellmj

You are operating a mail account on behalf of another person. I do not see what is not normal in having that person be the recipient - it is his mail you're sending.
Your second sentence is a bit confusing. If you're saying that the mail is placed in the sent view of the person on whose behalf you are mailing, that is normal.

Is there any way around this ?

Well, you could forward it to yourself, then forward from your own mail file.

Pascal.

Hopefully, this is a little clearer:

1)If you have another persons mail open from within your mail client and you send a message from their inbox the header shows "Sent by your name" and not the person you are actually sending the mail for. Is there any way to show the name of the person whose mailbox you are actually sending for other than changing the name in Preferences under "This mailbox belongs to"?

2)If once again you have another persons mail open from within your mail client - if you "send" or "forward" email for this person the message goes into your sent view and not in the sent view of the actual person who you sent it for!

Thanks for any help!
Mitchellmj

I do believe the situation was already quite clear : you are working under delegation and that is how Notes work in those circumstances.
If that is not acceptable for your organisation, then the only other solution I see is to use the person's ID file directly. Of course, that implies knowing the password - which then impacts a whole basket of reliability issues (who really actually did what and where).

Pascal.

As a work around, would it be possible to try using reply with history option ?

Using this means that sent mail remains in the original mailbox and I think that if the recipient hits reply it uses the mailbox it was sent from rather than the sender.

Any help ?

I don't see that reply with history is going to override the fact that the mail is being created by a delegation account.
Reply with History just appends the content of the old mail to the new one, it won't change the fundamental mail creation procedure.
It will still be sent with the "sent by" flag, and it will still be saved in the actual sender's Sent view.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back