Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Four Stars not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Rita1

Programmer
Apr 16, 2008
US
Search does not appear to be working very well here so I appologize if this is a repeat question.

I am trying to use TM on a switch I was in earlier today and the TTY appears to be stuck in load 11. Four stars (****) is not working. It keeps going back to req:. I tried ! which brought me to a carat prompt (>) but I cannot LOGO. Then I tried running TM again and it's back to req:. TM won't work unless it can log in. I know some don't like TM but I still have 342 stations to program tonight.

Please help.

From another terminal or TTY port (i.e., dial-up modem or virtual terminal), log on as ADMIN2 (if you can), go into LD 37 and disable and enable the affected port(s).

If not - the logon *should* time itself out after a period inactivity.

If the phones are pretty much programmed the same - skip TM, just do a CPY command in LD 11 and use a SFMT of TNDN. Will require some hand-keying, but as long as you have a list of TN's and DN's - programming should go pretty fast. Do it in batches of 20 or so to keep it manageable.

We tried "end" it just sat there. Then phones are all different (copied from another switch). I have a feeling an INI is next.

can you log in via another port.....delete the pty port dump switch and recreate another pty.... should resolve your issue without have to carry out an ini....

FORC did not work. Didn't think about deleting the TTY. But don't you have to disable the TTY to delete it. Get overlay conflict when we tried to disable the TTY.
It turns out it was stuck in Load 23.

We ended up doing an INI and the tech made a change to the TTY but not sure what he changed. The phones got in a day late but all done.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back