Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Four and Five Extensions 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

undertaker48

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
US
Where in the Nortel Meridian 61C can I program the pbx to accept 4 and 5 extension numbers to ring nortel telephones and IP telephones, the nortel phones have 4 number extension and IP phones have 5 number extension numbers, which ld to make changes and what I should be changing to make this work, we are now calling 60 miles north to call back down here, the 61C should be able to do this, so we don't have to call from another area code to get to here, I have DID's and a PRI, that makes this happen, Thank You, your help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Your Help Is Greatly Appreciated.
Thank You
Undertaker48

? station to station goes north and comes back in on tie. ld 11 builds stations ld 20 prints them.. lds 86 and 87 build dsc's to send numbers to a route.. it would take a lot of print outs to see the eng behind that one..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Why are you using 4 and 5 Digit extn's, why not just one or the other?

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

???????not sure, do you have any form of trunk between systems?

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

Why are you calling 60 miles North and how are you doing it?

is a 4 digit phone calling a 5 digit phone both at the same location?

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

We are slowly changing to VOIP telephones, but at the present we have two types of telephones, VOIP and Nortel phones, the Nortel telephones have 4 digit extension numbers and IP phones have a 5 digit extension numbers, we have a TIE(PRI)between the two PBX's and I have DID's here for local access, to call a IP phone on grounds or to the other location, we have to dial 42 then the 5 digit extension number, but from the IP to the nortel we dial 4 and the 4 digit extension number, it strips the 4 off and sends the 4 digits to the nortel.
Since the nortel is not programmed to accept 5 digit extension numbers, nobody can call locally from the outside and get the 5 digit IP phones, so if I can program the nortel meridian 1 61C to accept the 5 and 4 digit extension numbers, the local people will be able to call local, not long distance to call the IP phones here, so, can you explain what loads and the procedure to correct this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You. I hope I answered all your questions, if not let me know and I'll send you more information if you need it.

Your Help Is Greatly Appreciated.
Thank You
Undertaker48

If there is no conflict with the first number in your 5 digit IP extensions and your 4 digit PBX extensions, you should be able to set up a CDP in LD 87 that points the calls to the correct tie line using the correct FLEN and setting up an RLI to point to the right place I believe. I have never tried mixing digit counts like this so good luck!

are the voip reg to a remote server?

if i add a voip station here with a local cisco call mangler, i add a number as a dsc in 87.. if that ccm was in texas then my locals would route to there and back BUT without a local call manager, there;s not a way to program around that access point

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back