Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding Voicemails to Emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

nik789

Systems Engineer
Apr 26, 2021
US
Hey,

I'm trying to forward voicemail to forward to emails to their respective departments. I have 8 UM already loaded in the system, I just don't know how to go about it.

Thank you

When you say upgraded, like a software update or version after R2 ?

Just a side question, but how many sets (approx.)does the 400 site have?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Nik789, I just looked at the image you posted and the software version 6.0.2.05.237 indicates it is R3, so it WAS upgraded at some point. You might be able to tell from the software history in BEM.

The system name was never changed from when it was R2, which is what I originally looked at.

So you should have message forwarding available if there are Unified Messaging seats installed. Sorry for the confusion.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

We have approximately 40 - 45 sets at the main( BCM 400) site, and about 30 at 50 site.

exsmogger, I can't seem to see the settings that they are looking at. That's why i posted this question in the first place. I read a lot of Guides they seem to be going a long the lines of what you guys are saying, But the issue is still there.

I'm wondering about this too.....

I set up the BCM emailing and call recording in Element Manager and call pilot but I am unable to get my BCM50 R6 to work as I am getting this error.

No valid Professional Call Recording email server configured. Check configuration.

Check the email server configration on the BCM and ensure that the call recording rules have a valid to email address.

I checked to make sure that the SMTP is all correct unless I need to change a setting on the router.

Thanks

Utilities/Ping 8.8.8.8 will let you know that you have internet connection

One way to test your BCM can send an email is to go into Admin Access/EmailSettings and fill in your creds - This section is required to allow Call Record and Alarms sending emails.
Then go to Alarms/Settings and pick an alarm that has an email box checked or check any one, then highlight that alarm and click test alarm.
If that works then the BCM and Callpilot should allow emails and your issues are with the settings in Call Recoding or in voicemail config settings.

If it did not work then maybe an issue on he network , carrier or your email host.

Message Forwarding settings are only in the Callpilot config settings and the users web based mailbox manager (to enter the email address and enable the feature)

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Hi,

I still can not get it to work. tried two different emails such as google and AT&T and double checked the smtp settings and getting the errors below. I was able to ping 8.8.8.8

No valid Professional Call Recording email server configured. Check configuration.

Check the email server configration on the BCM and ensure that the call recording rules have a valid to email address.

Failed to send Professional Call Recording email

PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=1 ttl=115 time=12.4 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=2 ttl=115 time=11.8 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=3 ttl=115 time=12.2 ms

--- 8.8.8.8 ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2018ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 11.858/12.184/12.467/0.266 ms

Here are some screen shots.
1_u0wobw.gif
2_qxto5m.gif
3_tystdu.gif

Have you got the Professional Call Recording keycode enabled?. Is your BCM 50 / 450 at release 6.0?.
If you go to the keycode section, you should have code 296 with a value of up to 16 for a BCM 50 system and 40 for a BCM 450.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back