Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding V-Mail to V-Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

egle

Technical User
Aug 16, 2002
DE
Hallo,

We have Definity AUDIX. How can I forward V-mail to another extensions V-Mail?

Thank you!

Try looking at thread 690-449631. Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Dial into your Audix system, if you have messages press 2 and then 0. After you have listened to the message you will be prompted with the options available to you.
i.e. press 1 to forward, press 2 to forward with comment.
If you press 2, you will be prompted with # to approve, 1 to edit; then enter extension you want to forward voicemail to, enter #, to send push # again.

Hallo!
Thanks for the answers! How can I find thread 690-449631?
Looks like I formulated my question not clear enough -how can I forward my V-mail when I'm leaving the office to another users V-mail? Thank you.

Egle

A couple of ways.

The easiest is to forward your extension. Look up the feature access code for call forward (if you don't have a button assigned for it). Then from your phone, dial the FAC + the extension you want covering your calls.

This method will not route directly to the other user's voice mailbox however. The call will ring on their set before following their coverage path.

Another way :

If you have vectoring, build a new vector with the following step:

messaging split XX for extension XXXX

Then create a VDN which points to your newly created vector. Add a new coverage path with the VDN as the first point of coverage.

Now, when someone calls your desk and you don't answer, the caller will be sent directly to that user's voice mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back