Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding to Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harani

Technical User
Dec 20, 2005
GB
I’m trying to get our symposium system to route a call to a voice mailbox on “meridian mail” out of office hours.

The syposium command I’m using is route call 7000

I figured if I created a mailbox with the same number as the CDN then when the script forwarded it, it would go to voicemail the same way as a phone forwarded to 7000 does

This doesn’t seem to work, instead of going to a mailbox it goes to the mailsystem which prompts for a mailbox number (same as calling 7000 from a phone)

To get this working we have had to use a kludge. We now forward to a phone which is forwarded to voicemail and it works. Ititially this was a physical phone but when we disconnected the phone it it always died after 24 hours. We got around thius by making it an analogue TN that way we didnt have to have a phone actually attched to the system and being analogue it wouldn’t die after 24 hours.

Now we need to create more of these and don’t have enough free analogue TN’s to accomodate

How can I get syposium to forward to a voicemail box without using a "virtual phone" in between ?

is that creating a TN that has no physical presence on a card ? if so that would do it and solve our problem of using up analogue TN's

But i don't know how to do that. Can you explain please ?

Although it still seems like there should be a more elegant solution and you should be able to acess Mail directly from Symposium

if you are forwarding to mail then make sure that you have the cdn number in the vsdn table or at least a mailbox with the cdn number in it.

If this still doesn't work and it's carrying the orginal cdn number into mail there is a patch to load onto your switch

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

I want it to carry the CDN number into mail. so as to match the mailbox i've set up with the same number. It seems to not be carrying any number into mail so the mail doesn't know what mailbox to access and instead replies with a menu instead of the "answering machine"

whats VSDN ? is this part of meridian. Meridian Mail or symosium ? how do i acess it to check or chage it ?

VSDN is in Meridian Mail. From main menu in mail, select 3, then 4 then 1.

The other thing you may want to change is your command in Symposium. Rather than "Route To", try "Queue To". Meridian mail is set up as agents in a queue.

You should not use the QUEUE TO command to send a call into Meridian Mail. QUEUE TO is used to QUEUE to a skillset within the Symposium.

Put the CDN in the VSDN table and have it go to EM for the correct mailbox number.

The CDN is 27747

I have created a mailbox 27747 and have added 27747 to VSDN as a EM service pointing to mailbox 27747

In the script I have used ROUTE CALL 7000 (our mailbox service)

but when the script gets to that, instead of going into a mailbox it prompts for a mailbox number
The same thing happens if i also try to route to 7002 (our express messaging service)

I tried to use QUEUE TO but i get an error in the script. it seems to be expecting a Skillset name or a variable contining that skillset name.

The dialed digits of the CDN most likely will not follow on a call SCCS transfers to voice mail.

Build x27747 on the M1 as a Phantom with DCFW 4 7000 or as a ACD Que with NCFW 7000 and change the script to ROUTE CALL 27747 and it should than work. Out the VSDN 27747 in MerMail as it is not needed. If x27747 is not available on the M1 just change to another ext and mailbox combination.

The key is to have SCCS route/transfer the call to a dialable number on the PBX, for that number to route to voice where it IDs to the afterhours voice mail box.

Good Luck.

Looks like I just instruction you to recreate your "kludge" solution detailed in your opening post.

With MerMail I believe the kludge setup is the only available solution, however, by using a ACD DN Que or a Phanthom 500 to route the call to MerMail you would not burn an analog port.

you could also use GIVE IVR WITH TREATMENT where the TREATMENT DN would be 27747 (from above)...if you're using GIVE IVR

or go to ld 97 and create yourself a new phantom loop if you don't already have one. LD 22 and PRT CEQU to check if you have any Phantom loops. Loops number with a N in front of them are phantoms.

To create a new phantom loop:

LD 97
CHG
SUPL
N96 (for small system or any mulitple of 4 after 96)
N152 (for large system or any multiple of 4)

exit and go to LD 10 or 20
new
61 0 (for small system)
152 0 0 0 (for large system if using phantom loop 152)

DN = some DN (same number will be used in SCCS script for route call)
answer all the prompts down to FTR at the FTR prompt type:

DCFW 4 7000

create a mb in vm for DN above and add CDN to mailbox as extension DN

What is the Model of M1 and release of software?

ACD DN Que are built in LD 23. Define the ACD DN: ext#, MAXP: 1 and NCFW: 7000 and for good measure RPT: no

Phantom 500 sets require a Phanthom loop be defined in LD 97.

in answer to yyrkroon when i try to use "Give IVR" that only seems to be for using Meridian mail as a announcement service. (we use a MIRAN Card for such things) it won't actaully pass the call over to Meridian Mail.

in answer to Telecomnorth we are using a Merdian 61C with reslease 12 Meridian Mail

There is a patch you can have installed (p18380_1.cpt)
that will make the 'ROUTE CALL' command work, but Nortel prefers that CDN's not be put in the VSDN table, so they'll charge you for it.

The best way to handle it is GIVE IVR MMMM WITH TREATMENT TTTT

where MMMM = the DN you setup for accesing mail from Symposium

TTTT = voice mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back