Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding to an external recipient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scully87

IS-IT--Management
Dec 3, 2002
US
Our company has merged with another Co and we have about 5 users moving under their umbrella. I need to forward the mail that come to the email addy at our domain to their new company's domain. Can this be done at the server level?

example:
me@mydomain.com needs to be forwarded to:
me@yourdomain.com

Thanks for any help.
Scully

Hi Scully,

Yes it can. You need to create a custom recipient then go into each recipients mailbox properties.

Under the tab "delivery options" you can select the relevant alternate recipient from the address list. Make sure you also have the "deliver to both" box unchecked.

I'm pretty sure you can then also hide the custom recipient if you wish to stop it from appearing in the address list.

Hope this helps. dimoore@tpg.com.au
Use what you have,
Learn what you can,
Create what you need

Hello Disey and Scully,

How do you hide them from the global address?
Could you recomend a book for troobleshooting Exchange misc questions such as this one, please.
I would appreciate some help right now.

Zulma

Hi Zulma,

I'm not at work today and I can't remember off hand. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Disey dimoore@tpg.com.au
Use what you have,
Learn what you can,
Create what you need

Under each user's properties
go to the advanced tab and there is a check box for hide from global address book

to view it, go to view up top

I have been trying to get users email fowarded as well.
I have done the "delivery options" tab and entered the
alternate recipient...but it does not forward any mail..
Do I have to start/stop the IMS services for this to take hold??? Are there other options I s/b setting?
Thank you (Exchange 5.5, sp4)

a few questions here, have you created custom recipient and have it under smtp ?

where are you trying to forward your e-mail to (hotmail) ?
if so, have you check under junk mail area ?

a lot of people have problem for a normal mail deliver to junk mail, because hotmail is so screw up

my hotmail is full of junk everyday, blocking junk mail doesn't work any more !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back