Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding to a fax server

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdog1175

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2007
US
IP 406v2 3.2.69 I have an incoming call route directing specific DID's to a hunt group I setup to queue inbound faxes to a castelle fax server but it seems that it takes a long time for this transfer to happen. 15 sec or so after the system connects and phone stops ringing., so some fax machine disconnect before the fax server answers. Any thoughts???

Do you have queuing set-up on the hunt group? If so, take it off.

No queuing is definetly off. I have ICR based on 5 digit DID routing to fax server group which points to User 201 fax which is associated with port 201 the analog port of the IPO. So when I dial the number the system picksup after 1 ring then 14-15sec of dead air then the fax server sends it's tone(the fax server is setup to pick up on 1 ring)

More testing if I direct the incoming call directly to the analog port not using a group it does the same thing but seems to be a second or 2 faster..

It sounds like something in the fax server. Call one of the fax server extensions from another extension on the system and see how long it takes for the fax server to pick up and give its tone. If the fax server takes forever at this point, I would probably consider it a fax server configuration issue.

How are your analog ports set up. when you use a user forwarded to a group you usually need to make the port DTMFF i think.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Thanks to all who replied. I "fat fingered" a shortcode I was dialing the extn with a short code but was not sending the 4 digit routing code so I guess what was happening was that the Castelle faxpress was waiting the 15 sec for the DID\dtmf tones before sending the carrier connect tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back