Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding sent email

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart87

Technical User
Jan 29, 2007
GB
Hi all

I have a client who has requested the possibility to forward any emails that are sent to another email account automatically. Is there a piece of software that can do this? They have a sbs2003 server with exchange 2003 if there is anything inside there.

Thank you in advance for any replies

If you open up the Active Directory Users and Computers, you can right-click on the OU/container that has the users in it and create a new Contact. Name it something unique and assign it the external SMTP address.

Now go into the properties of the user that you'd like to have mail forwarded for. Go into the Exchange General tab, go to Delivery Options, and configure the settings there to forward mail to that contact that you created earlier. You can decide whether you still want the mail to be delivered to the local mailbox as well, or whether you want it to only be forwarded. I assume that the former option would be your choice.

ShackDaddy
Shackelford Consulting

Thank you for the post

sorry what i really meant to say was the client wants email that every staff sends out to also go into another account so they can keep track of every email that their staff send out.

Thank you for your reply in advance

Then you need to set up a new mailbox account, and then turn on Journaling ("Archive all messages sent or received" on the General tab of the Mailbox Store Properties) on your server.

You will be able to log into that mailbox to view all mail transactions. Normally that "journaling" mailbox is used with 3rd-party archiving software.

ShackDaddy
Shackelford Consulting

Thank you Shackdaddy

Just tested that on our server and is just what we needed

thank you for all your help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back