Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding...quiet..breaks up

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquahalo

Technical User
Aug 17, 2005
US
When I forward my lines to an external number on weekends I can barely hear the caller and they break up like they are on a cell phone. Any ideas on how to improve the sound quality?

Can you use telco-based call forward or call transfer (answer with Partner Messaging and perform centrex transfer) instead? Quality is usually SIGNIFICANTLY better.
Mike

Not sure what you mean. So there is no way to increase the volume the way I am doing it?

When you use Partner ACS to forward calls, you are connecting two phone lines together inside the ACS. If they are regular phone lines, the quality will be poor - low volume. (It works better with T1 lines.)
But if you have noise or breaking-up sounds, that doesn't sound like normal. You should only have low volume.

You can experiment with this by performing a conference call between 1 inside party and 2 outside parties. You will be able to hear both outside parties clearly, and they will each hear you clearly. But the outside parties will have some trouble hearing each other. Yet there should be no static or break-up sounds.

As pointed out, alternative schemes, such as having your telco forward the call for you, work better. As does using T1 digital circuits. With either of these approaches, you bypass the analog lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back