Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding on busy 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomMills

Technical User
Jan 16, 2008
GB
Hi guys,

we have a client who wants a call to a user to be forwarded if they arent around or are busy, if the group doesnt answer, the call needs to go back to the users mailbox....

can this be done?

Yes can be done

Make a group with a virtual user (301)
Forward this to a shortcode (*301)
Make a shortcode

voicemail collect
"#301"
Line id 0

Put this group in the overflow of the group wich is the user forwards to when not answered in (no asnwer)
This must be the same user as the users mailbox (#301)

So you have this situation

301 forwards to group (200) wich has an overflow to another group (400) that group has the virtual user (401) with the forward to the shortcode (*301)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Yep that will work but I thought it would do it by itself as it is target based

nightmare,

worked in 4.0, upgraded to 4.1 to fix other issues.

aparently in 4.1 they have changed the way it works, so it seems that in this scenario it is no longer target based, cant see why that would help anyone

When you two groups it will fallback to the original

yeah it works for groups, but if the call originates at an extn and not a group then it doesnt fall back the way it apparently used to

I know, but if it is only for one user make him a group
It is not the best way but it works

unfortunately all 200 users need this functionality :(

so i have to chose between an admin nightmare or roll back to 4.0 and put up with random reboots

decisions decisions....

I’m afraid I don’t understand. I thought when an extn with call forwarding enabled is called, then when the call got answered by voicemail, the call was delivered to the mailbox of the originally called party, not the one that the call was forwarded to.

As you had sowed a seed of doubt I thought I'd verify this on both 3.2(65) and 4.1(15)and when I get a chance I'll try 4.2(4). The results for the 3.2 and 4.1 were the same as follows:

1) Extn 2011 Forwarded on Busy to 2012
2011 call 2013

When another Call is placed to 2011,
there is a Call appearance on 2011

After the Timeout, the call ends up
at Voicemail, leaving a message for 2011.

2) Extn 2011 Forwarded on Busy to 2012
Extn 2011 Forward on No Answer to 2012,

2011 calls 2013

When another Call is placed to 2011,
there is a Call appearance on 2011

After the Timeout, the call forwards to 2012

After the Timeout, the call ends up at Voicemail,
leaving a message for 2011.

So I'm not sure what your problem is.

well we are using the forward on no answer, and forward on busy set to a group.

it seems to stay ringing at the group.

going to play with it some more now that we have upgraded to 4.2

still dud.

TaureanDragon is right, but it only works if user is forwarded to user.

if user is forwarded to group it stays there.

What is the Hunt Groups 'Voicemail Answer Time' set to? I believe this is 45 secs by default. With 15 seconds default at the targeted handset, my guess is the caller will have to wait a minute before voicemail takes the call, which should be to the original extensions mailbox.

Voicemail no answer time is greyed out, because voicemail is off on the groups, we dont want it to hit the group voicemail

My guess is you have incoming calls directly to the group as well as extensions forwarding to the group. If you create a new group with the same members, to which call forwards can be targeted, but with the voicemail option turned on, then when the voicemail kicks in the calls will actually be dropped back to the originally targeted extn. As long as the new group number is not called directly, no voicemails will be delivered to the hunt group mailbox.

Bud,

next time you are in London gimme a shout,

I Definately owe you a beer, that nearly caused me a bunch of pain.

Thanks a lot

seems so simple now, i think the trouble was we were trying to control the call through the user programming, and have as little to do with the group as possible other than using it to ring the other phones

it should work as described in 4.1.9 or 4.1.15 4.1.12 would not let you forward a huntgroup to and virtual users. you could us an analog port as they are not monitored for phones plugged in.

ACA & ACS IPO Implementation
ACA IP Telephony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back