Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding night service to external support lines 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

huggemmoff

Technical User
Dec 16, 2011
GB
I am trying to setup a scheme which out of hours (manually set) forwards a group to an external support number. I have created the group which needs to be diverted and in the fallback for night service have identified a second hunt group with one internal number. This number is then unconditionally forwarded to the external support number. However the internal number does not exist on the extensions so has a continuous error on it! It worked on an IP403 but does not seem to work here. Ideas?

Well first what version are you running and do you have Voicemail Pro?

1) Is the fallback hunt group set as sequential/linear?
2) If voicemail disabled for the fallback group?
3) Is voicemail disabled for the forwarded user?
4) What is the no answer time set on both the group and user?
5) Did you enter the forwarding number as it would be dialed from a phone on the system?

You can also look at this:

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS & APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Thanks Kyle
Running IPO 6.2 - IP406 - 4.2(4)
Fallback is sequential
Voicemail disabled for fallback & forwarded user
No answer time default 15 secs
Number complete with prefix as dialled.

Do you have forward hunt group calls checked on the user?

Yes - As far as I know everything seems ok - but i still have the extension number as non existant on the error messages because I created one in users that was not in the extension list (this worked on IP403).

If you have the no answer set at 15 it is possible that the call will begin to forward then before it rings the timer will elapse and the call will pull back and it will start again. Change it to something like 180 for both the group and the user (although the user shouldn't matter).

You can also capture the log from Monitor and paste it here.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS & APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

I also remember that 4.2 has some issues with external transfers this way.
I had to use analog ports and users to get this done.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Thanks to both - I will try as you suggest - -A good reason for updating to 5.0.026 perhaps?

You can do that :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

point a ICR through the destination field to a group, any type will do. The group cannot have VM on, or any fallback destination.
in the ICR enter the remote number as the fallback destination.
If you put the group in nightservice or out of service ( button ) then all calls will be forwarded to the remote number.

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

My trick for this..

Create a phantom user (user that has no physical port)
Unconditionally forward that user to the number that you wnat to forward to. Dont forget to lead with 9 or what ever didgit you use for outbound. be sure to tick forward hunt group calls

Create huntgroup and this phantom user as the only memember- must use sequential as the group type and disable vm.

now in your main group that you have your incoming call route mapped to set the night or out of service group to the new group you just created.

to test this first call the phantop user - does it fwd to external number
now call the new hunt group -does it fwd to external number
now try setting the main group out of service and try...

^^^^ That is exactly what I did and it works great. Put a nightservice button on the reception and it forwards all calls to an external answer service

It all seemed so good but I am getting INCOMPATIBLE DISC showing when i dial any number from the system!

INCOMPATIBLE DISC, means you have been changing something else in the system, that has nothing to do with forwarding. You have changed a shortcode that is used to dial out I imagine :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.gif
Not happy with Avaya ATM....

I've always found that forwarding group calls does not work with a phantom ext unless I save the ext as an Immediate save, not a merge. It doesn't ask for an Immediate but group forwarding will not work unless you do so.

Thanks all - it all worked fine over the Christmas outage! I did have to modify the phone manager rights for the virtual extensions to get the system to dial out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back