Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2011
US
We are running WinSPM 9.0 with 4420D+ handsets. I am trying to forward an extension to an external line and have them ring concurrently. Right know, the phone forwards, but there is a 3-5 second delay before the cell phone rings. Is there any way to alleviate this?

You can only do RCF with Simultaneous Alert if you have a PRI, and at least a Magix R2.2

There is always going to be a delay before the cell phone rings, because of the time to set up the call, and the delay inherent in the cell provider's network.

I now have the forward set up where it will properly forward after three rings. The issue is I still cannot get the handset to ring concurrently with the forwarded phone. Any ideas?

If you are not using FCF with Simultaneous Alert, that is normal operation. It rings the phone until the Forwarding Delay expires, then stops ringing the phone and then starts ringing the forwarded destination.

If you have a PRI and a Magix 2.2 or above, PRI with simultaneous alert will ring them both at the same time.

I appreciate the help tommy. Is FCF a seperate function than rcf? I am unable to find any settings referring to FCF.

That's a typo - RCF

Please tell us the revision of your Legend or Magix.
It will show on the bottom line of WinSPM when you first connect, or go to a phone and dial *05

Then when you go to set an extension as being allowed to use RCF, you have the option of RCF or RCF with Simultaneous Alert. You must also have a PRI for your service from the telephone company. You will program the number as 33# +the outside telephone number +# instead of *33 +9 +the outside telephone number +#

Remote Call Forwarding with Simultaneous Internal
Alert
Available in Release 2.2 and later, Remote Call Forwarding with Simultaneous Internal Alert allows
a user to send inside and outside calls to an outside number, such as a cell phone. When the user
receives a call, the call is forwarded to the outside number and the call also rings at the user’s
extension. If the user does not answer the call (at either telephone), the call is sent to the
Coverage programmed for the user’s extension, for example, to a voice messaging system.
The Forwarding Delay option does not apply to Remote Call Forwarding with Simultaneous
Internal Alert. As soon as the call arrives at the user’s extension, it is forwarded to the outside
telephone number.
When this feature is active, a user cannot use Call Forwarding, Follow Me, or Remote Call
Forwarding.
To turn this feature on through Remote Access, the user calls in on a remote access line and
enters the barrier code (when required). While listening to system dial tone, the user dials
*33#forwarding extension#external number#.
Coverage
Voice messaging system coverage must be considered when using the Remote Call Forwarding
with Simultaneous Internal Alert feature. In some instances, voice messaging system coverage for
both the inside extension and outside telephone could be configured.
 Voice messaging system coverage for the inside extension is controlled by the MERLIN
MAGIX Integrated System.
 Voice messaging system coverage for the outside telephone usually has limited options.
In most cases, the user has little or no control over voice messaging coverage for their outside
telephone. For example, if the outside telephone is a cell phone that has voice mail, a call to the
cell phone is automatically sent to voice mail when the cell phone is in use. If this is the case, there
are some instances when the message will go to the outside telephone’s voice mail, rather than to
the voice messaging system programmed to provide coverage for the user’s extension.
Voice messaging system coverage for the user’s extension provides the user with an option of
when the calls go to voice messaging system coverage. The factory setting is three rings. If the
user plans to use the Remote Call Forwarding with Simultaneous Internal Alert feature, the user
may want to change the number of rings to five rings to allow time to answer the call before the call
is sent to voice mail on the outside telephone.

I am on the same version Magix system. We have a PRI for outbound along with 6 analog lines with hunt on the first two modules. But we do not have remote access to our system set up. When I attempt to follow your instructions from the extension entering 33# does not work #33 does and a I am able to forward the phone (- I must enter a 9 for an outside line or it fails) It rings 2 times at the extension then a pause then the cell starts ringing. It works the same as *33, What am I missing in the setup?

First, I highly recommend that you visit and download the Magix Feature Reference.

When you program an extension to allow Remote Call Forward with Simultaneous Alert, you must also program the pool that will be used for the remote portion of the call

Allow individual extensions to ring and simultaneously forward calls to
outside telephone numbers:
Extensions→ or More→Remote Frwd→RCF with Simul
Int Alrt→dial ext. no.→Enter→
dial pool for RCF alert →Enter→Back→Back→Back

Next, I would suggest that you program a Forward button onto the phone (on a button with lights)

At the phone, press SPKR, dial #00 to get into the program mode. Press the button to program, dial *33. Press SPKR to exit.

To enable Forwarding, press the forward button, then press #, dial the telephone number (without the 9), and press # again.

For Release 2.2 and later systems, to forward calls to an outside telephone number and activate
the simultaneous alert, dial #33#. Then dial the destination telephone number followed by a pound
sign (#) to signal the end of the dialing sequence. The line chosen is the next idle line in the
Remote Call Forwarding With Simultaneous Alert pool. It is not necessary to dial the ARS, pool
dial-out code or the Idle Line Access code.

Thanks Tommy,
We had two seperate issues. The first issue was that the extension was in a weird ARS group, the second issue was that our book did not show that we were required to follow the #33 with another # key. I appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back