Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding Hunt Group Calls External

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaq250

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2004
US
Hi,

I want to forward a call to staff cell phones and have it ring each person in sequence until the call is answered.

I created dummy extensions with forwarding unconditional to the cell phones and a Hunt Group for these extensions in circular mode.

When I try to dial this Hunt Group it only gets me to the first person's cell phone. I have set the Allocated Answer Interval very too and it does not seem to help.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

Once that call is transfered off the system, it won't be pulled back. That is why it is only hitting the 1st cellphone.

Thanks Telecomboy,

Is there any other way to alert people in a sequential manner?

Tell Avaya you have a 50 site client on the hook but they won't sign the deal unless that feature is provided...

When you transfer to the first offsite virtual user it will ring them for the NA time then go to the next one not as telecom boys states

Soopa Doopa Intergalactic IP Office installation mechanic and configuration corruptor from way back.

IPAlot,

I have set the NA time to a minimal level and it still does not seem to work. Does it work for you?

I am inclined to think Telecomboy was right that the control of the call is lost once transferred to the first person.

The answer depends on your cell provider. Nextel calls are considered connected once they enter the Nextel network. Verizon Wireless calls are not connected until Voicemail or the caller picks up. If you have the NA time set to a low enough number and your cell provider isn't considered connected then you can get the call back. This isn't an exact science since the caller with the cell phone may have it turned off which will be connected before the NA times out. Wait until 4.0, this will be addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back