Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

djordaan

Technical User
Aug 17, 2005
Can anyone tell me how to accomplish the following on a Meridian 1 PBX?
Group a number of directory numbers and have them ring at a specified directory number? Kind of like call forwarding a group of directory numbers.
What we want to accomplish is to have a secretary who has say 10 other directory numbers that ring on her phone be able to go to the front desk and be able to have any of the diretory numbers that ring on her phone be forwarded to the front desk where she's at.
Right now, if she just forwards her phone then only her specific directory number will forward to the front desk.

great feature, bfs keys

chg
20 0 00
key 5 bfs 20 0 0 0

would give that set a busy forward status key on the set, if your on the phone i see a solid lamp, if i press the key while it's idle, it flashes and forwards all numbers marped on your set to me..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John, thanks for the info. Is '3904' the phone set and 20 0 00 is the terminal number for the phone set?
We have s/w release 25.4b....what ld should this change be made in? just the regular ld 20 that I make button changes to?

Oops, HELP. I made the following change on my phone set just to test before making the change to someone else and now the whole OS restarted and my phoneset is gone. This is what I did:
ld 20
Req: chg
Type: 2616
tnb: XXXX
easy change: yes
Item: key 06 bfs xx x xx(these x's are the attendant console tnb)

then the whole system rebooted and now I can't bring up my terminal or directory number and my phone seems to not be on the system anymore.
When I try to print my dnb I get a "SCH0881' and if I try to print my terminal # I get 'SCH0805'

can you or anyone help me out?

Ok, apparently my phone set was completely wiped off the system and I have just re-added it and reprogrammed my phone-set. Any ideas on what happened? Can you explain the 'bfs' programming a little more?

thanks

Darren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back