Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding from Public Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikpa

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2004
US
I saw the last post but this is slightly different. I have a public folder that has an smtp address hence emails can be sent to this folder. My client wants to have those emails that have the smtp address of the folder in the "To" field to be forwarded to another email address that is outside of the company but if it is in the "CC" or "BCC" it should not be forwarded.
One: is it possible to forward emails sent to a folder that has an smtp address
Two: If it is possible how can I forward mails with the smtp address only in the "To" field to the outside address

Thanks
Ikpa

Answer One: yes you can forward from distribution list or in your term "folder".

Answer Two: You need a third party program. The "forward" really works like a "copy", so whatever gets in one mailbox gets "copied" to another mailbox. In terms of "customized mailbox for internet smtp, it will be routed outbound by the IMS. So, to forward only the mail with the "To" field you need a third party program such as GFI Mail Essential to sort them thru.

Dennis
what we have done is to associate the public folders with smtp addresses so it is not the distribution list. If there is a way to forward even anything in here that would be helpful.
Ikpa

My mistake for not paying attention. Sorry :)

Back to your problem, I think the only way you can forward a public folder email is with a third party program, especially when you only what to forward email with the public folder email address on the "TO" field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back