Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

FHS0929

Technical User
Dec 13, 2002
US
We have a Merling Legend system at our company. There are two extensions that people can dial that get forwarded out to the home office and cell phone of one of our sales reps. The guy that new this system "left" the company in July. Since then, the sales rep's numbers have changed. I am not familiar with this system as much as is necessary. In the extension info report. The extension is shown as unequipped, and the offsite numbers show up as the forward #. How do I change these numbers without having a physical extension? I've looked through all the lit. and can't get anywhere, although I'm sure its under my nose. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

There is probably an "Authorization Code" associated with those unequipped stations. This lets you go to any system phone, dial a feature code, enter the authorization code, and then perform operations(like forwarding) as it you were that extension. You can go to Print->More->Auth Code to get a listing.

If you find that there is a code assigned, then you would dial this:

#80-[Authorization Code]-#-*33-9-[Outside Telephone Number] #

It is also possible that the voice mail is handling the off site forwarding. What type of voice mail do you have?

The voicemail system is Merlin Mail. Good idea, but if it was the voice mail system, would the remote forwarding # be in the SPM report for that extension?

I checked and there IS an authorization code associated with 1 of the 2 extensions. I have not tried to reprogram that extension yet as I've been tied up with other things. I guess I attribute the extension that doesn't have a code associated with it to possibly my failed attempts to try different ideas to reprogram it. The one that appears is the one I left alone. Thanks for the tip TouchToneTommy. If reprogramming via the auth. code works, I will try to muddle through the books again to define an auth. code for the other extension.

You say the extension shows up as unequipped? Are you saying that there is nothing plugged into the digital port? or are they using an Adjunct. If they are using a digital port, and it simply doesn't have a phone plugged in, plug in a phone, forward it, and unplug it again.

Touch tone tom has it dead on, that's how I forward calls to my sales reps on my legend. keep in mind if you add or delete anyone make sure to remove or add them to remote forward and trunk to trunk transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back