Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forwarding emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2002
GB
a user has left the company and we want to forward all her emails to an existing user in the company (also on the GAL)

can someone tell me the best way to do this

thanks

"Work to live, don't live to work"

"The problem with troubleshooting is that sometimes it shoots back"

in AD Users and computers on the Exchange box (make sure the view advanced is on) choose the person that left the company. Go to Exchange advanced/mailbox rights and add the user that you want to allow access to the mailbox. Configure the appropriate rights (read/write/delete/ect...) Now on the users machine in the users outlook profile (or go to start/control panels/mail) choose the exchange profile go to advanced and add the additional mailbox to that users profile. Now when this person opens outlook they will automatically open the additional mailbox as well.

Brenter

If no need to add mailbox the person that left the company in outlook, then you may do two ways:
1). In AD in properties/Email addresses of existing user add address the person that left the company
or
2). In AD in properties/Exchange General/Delivery options the person that left the company in field "Forward to" to add address the existing user...

Ivan.

Thanks everyone I went for option 2

Incidently if I was to use option 1 on my own AD account and add in my home email address, does that mean for all new emails received in the office, I'd get a copy sent to my home email as well?

"Work to live, don't live to work"

"The problem with troubleshooting is that sometimes it shoots back"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back