Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding email to external account 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS300

MIS
Oct 29, 2003
CA
Hello,

We have a user who is no longer with us. He has gotten a new work email and would like all the emails still coming in to be forwarded to that account. I setup a rule to do so, and it works fine, but as expected, all the addresses are coming from his old account, so it loses the sender information unless you actually open up the message.

For example, all emails going to old@somewhere.com is being forwarded to new@somewhere.com. In his new@somewhere.com account, all messages are shown as coming from old@somewhere.com. Is there a way to directly forward email to that new account without it even going into the old account?

Thanks.

In active directory add a new contact for him. in the email address field put his new email address.

Then go to AD, right click on his user name and go to properties. Click on the Exchange General tab, then click on the Delivery Options button, click on forward to, then modify button, then select the contact that you have created for him with his new email address.

Hello I know this isn't my thread - But thanks sibbir I have the same problem with some salesmen and I did it a arse backwards way - your is easier and a whole lot cleaner

stars for you

keep up the good input

bob

When I select his the user I'm trying to forward selecting the names available in the contact list is not an option. Any help with what the problem is would be appreciated.
Thanks

Thanks sibbir, that works fine.

CRMcM, when you forward the message and are on the Select Recepient dialog box, you can sort by In Folder, and your contact should be at the top. Make sure you create the contact properly as well, as that was my initial problem.

Sibber And IS300

Now I am confused.

I need to do the same thing "At first I did it arse backward and your way of doing seems simplified".

But now that trying it - I have some questions

1st you said go to Ad and make a new contact for the user (HOW) never made a contact in AD just outlook.

2nd Made the contact in outlook (Public folder - Fowarded Emails) - Went to AD the USer - Exchange general - Delivery - Chose foward and all I get in the drop down box is "entire directory: or Mydomain"

Am I bieng dumb here or am I missing something

Its a great idea if I can get it to work.

bob

Jones' Law
The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on.

I am sorry

Must of have a brain cramp this morning - It seems I really lost it

I figured it out and believe me - I just cramped it

thanks for all your help

bob

Anyway you spell it its still bob!!!!

Hello,

I am trying to forward email from my office to my external account. I have completed the following with no luck in forwarding to my address.

1. I have setup an account with rules.
2. I have also completed the steps that "sibbir" talk about.

When I setup the new account I put in the new address, but it will only forward to the address at work and will not go to the new external account.

My question is do I need to add a connection other then my work connection in order for the e-mail to get to the new e-mail account on the outside.

Can you help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back