Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forwarding e-mails to aol 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer15

IS-IT--Management
Oct 22, 2002
US
hello everyone,

i'm trying to setup a forwarder to send incoming e-mail to a users aol account... for such a seemingly easy task, it sure is a pain to accomplish...

here's what i've done:
i setup a new account to act as the forwarder. i put the users e-mail address in this accounts.
i setup the users account to automatically forward to the forwarder account. still it doesn't work. all that happens is e-mails get stored in the forwarder's account and never leave the server. can anyone help?

then close the exchange system manager and open up the active directory of users and computers. navigate down to users, and create a new user named userfwd. i setup the password just like normal, and i create and exchange mailbox. right click on the new user and go to properties. i click on the e-mail addresses tab and click new. i chose smtp as the type, and type in the e-mail address (user@aol.com). i click ok and close the new user"

from reading wht you have posted above you are creating a new user account not a contact, a contact doesnt have a password etc... you want to choose new contact otherwise the emails are forwarded to the forwarding account and then will sit in that mailbox. even if you create an @aol email address on that user - go back into ad - do new contact and create the email in there and then forward the emails to that - it shouldnt ask you for a password or anything.

Allan

that was it, allanh1. that was the simple thing i was missing. thanks a lot, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back