Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding console to console

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTU789

Programmer
Jan 22, 2008
US
I have a customer that has two companies in one office. They have two consoles ext 100 and ext 200. They are in the process of moving offices so they asked me to forward ext 100 to ext 200. This works fine. I made a few test calls and stayed onsite to monitor the calls.
The issue is at 5pm ext 200 gets forwarded to an outside answering service. So, I've been told that when a call comes into ext 100 after 5pm, the call rings on both consoles and then goes to the AA on the magix and not out to ext 200's answering service.
Is this typical behavior? If so, is there a way to work around this so all calls on both consoles go to the answering service after 5pm?
Thanks,
Brian

You can't forward a forward, so at 5pm UNforward 100 and forward it to the answering service, in the morning unforward it from the service and reforward it to 200

Thanks again for the help. The customer wasn't happy but it is the only option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back