Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding calls to someone without a physical phone setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

thep1

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2012
US
On one of my IP Office v9.1 I have user setup without a physical phone but want to do Forwarding to his mobile number when the extension is dialed. Do I need a license for this feature?

thanks for clarifying that Pepp77. but when I dial that extension I get busy tone, soon as I dial extension on the phone i get Call: NUMBER BUSY

Then you have something wrong. Forward off switch allowed under system telephony, forward setup correctly to match outgoing shortcodes. Simplest thing is to turn on monitor and make a test call then look at the monitor trace to find the reason.

| ACSS SME |

You might find it necessary to make the User a Hot Desk to have Forwarding (and Twinning) work when there is not a physical extension connected

Just disable voicemail on the extension and setup unconditional forward with the dial code to the extension. Make sure inhibit off switch isn't enabled under system>telephony. Depending on your types of trunks make sure analog trunk to trunk is enabled on the POTs lines.

You will also want to check user>telephony>supervisor settings for inhibit off switch transfer.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Also be sure that the forwarding number has the right dialing short code.

I'll come up with a good signature, someday.

I just did this on a new install with a dozen users that didn't want desk sets. I created users, set up mobile twinning and made sure to check off the "Twin when logged off" setting. Works like a charm.

- Qz

malibu1979, I have analog trunk ports for this system.

jmack23, going to try your suggestion with the Allow Analog Trunk to Trunk Connect that I currently see unchecked (disabled) so going to enable it when I can reboot the system.

TouchToneTommy, that's what I have currently setup as a workaround, a hot desk phone so I can do Twining and Forwarding.

got it working. was telling internal user to call extension and didn't have Forward Internal Calls checked. Uhhh..

thanks all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back