Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding calls to Nortel attendant - Best Practice? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmclemor

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2006
US
I manage a Nortel system, opt 61, rls 19. What is the best way to forward the calls coming to the attendant to an extention - of the operator's choice - so she can step away from her desk? The office environment requires that she decide which extention to forward to based on her co-workers current load.

2250 console or ?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i would put an mcr on several sets and use that as nite one or 2...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks,
The MCR key sounds like a pretty good option. I have always tried to keep things as simple a possible. I guess that I should program a schedule for the second nite mode to cover business hours. Yes I do have a 2250. On a side note, I'm pretty excited about my new 61C to be cut in October. BellSouth is the vendor.

great, 90 percent of the bell techs know there software very well.. if you get stuck, i'm always here..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I currently have nite 1 going to a menu driven mailbox with no time configured. If I add times and additional nite numbers, then what happens to the nite 2 schedule on the weekends and holidays?
Thanks.

Let me tell ya, there is no better "big" telco serving the Meridian than BellSouth. I use every big provider and my biggest fear is SBC/ATT pissing off the talent BellSouth has retained. BellSouth is unsurpassed

I am in Wisconsin. And bellsouth has asked for face time visits more than SBC/ATT has

~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back