Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding CallPilot Desktop Messages without MyCallPilot 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwhite2812

Vendor
Mar 12, 2009
US
Hello. I'm an integrator that got thrown in the middle of a CallPilot installation and am trying to sort out a way to move messages from the CallPilot Inbox to an external e-mail address. The Nortel integrator has been unresponsive.

The CallPilot voicemail system in-use is a small gray box running an embedded webserver software version 30.x.x.x.x.x (according to the vendor, its the latest). I can't find a model or system number anywhere accessible. The Desktop Messaging Client is 4.0.4.0.37. There is no Exchange or BES environment in place. "Download Message before Playing" is checked as-is "Convert to wave for non CallPilot Users"

Our users would like their voicemail messages to be forwarded to an external e-mail addresses. I have tried the following solutions thus far.

1. Setup a normal Outlook forwarding rule to forward messages that come in through the CallPilot account to an external e-mail address. The rule does nothing. However CPtrace shows a register and unregister call when the rule runs.

2. Setup a normal Outlook move rule to move messages from the CallPilot Inbox to an Outlook folder and then forward them from the Outlook folder. The messages ultimately forward with the VBK attachment.

3. Setup an IMAP account to the CallPilot server and retrying rule 1. The message automatically forwards with the VBK attachment.

4. Use a 3rd party Outlook rules engine like Auto-mate and setup a forwarding rule. The rules do not work.

The only way I can forward a message AND have the vbk to wave conversion take place is by forwarding it manually straight from the CallPilot inbox.

After a lot of Googling and documentation reading, I have come to the following conclusions:
1. The MyCallPilot product is needed to configure the Message Forwarding rule so the forward is done by the CallPilot, not by Outlook.
2. It appears to me from the documentation, that CallPilot Desktop Messaging 5 allows for the delivery of messages to the Outlook Inbox and it will do the wave conversion when the message comes in. This would allow a normal Outlook rule to work, I believe. However, I have heard from another vendor that Desktop Messaging 5 will not work with our CallPilot system. I have not been able to get a copy of Desktop Messaging 5 simply to try for evaluation purposes. It does not appear I can change the delivery location for incoming messages to anything but the properitary *.cst files in 4.0.4.0.37.

Are my conclusions correct? Is there really no way to forward CallPilot messages (with the wave conversion) except by moving to another Nortel product? Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Chris

Sounds like to me you have a CallPilot 100/150/Mini, not a CallPilot platform for the Meridian1/CS1000. The My CallPilot S/W works with the CallPilot platforms for the M1/CS1000. Maybe someone from the Norstar/BCM world can provide more info on this as it relates to the 100/150.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

The Norstar Call pilot 100/150 will not do it. The new BCM 450 Call pilot and BCM 3.0 CP will.

Thanks for the version numbers, I will pass them on. After having a serious chat with our vendor, they have become more responsive, and are working towards the solution.

On the other hand, I've learned more about Nortel than I ever cared too. =)

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back