Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding a phone to an outside line 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGarcia87

Technical User
Jun 24, 2002
US
How can I forward my phone to an outside number? I can do it internal, but not external.

Do a disp cos and look for the line Restrict Call Fwd-Off Net. You will want to give your station a seperate COS from everyone else so that only you have the ability. Mark the field 'N' and you will be able to forward your phone.

Just be carelful with this setting as you are opening a door for potential fraud. That is why I say only implement this on your phone.

You can also put the outside phone number into a remote coverage path.

Change coverage remote

Then set up a new (or change your existing)coverage path. Put the coverage remote number as the first ( or only) point.

cha coverage path 1
///down at bottom of page

point1: r10 (what ever number you put the phone number in)

This should ring your remote number first if no answer you can make the second point in coverage be your voicemail.

RTMCKEE

what happens if the outside number has an extension to it?
for example 234-5678 ext678

You can use p to pause the dialing.

So r10 entry would be :
9p2345678p678#

Dear all,
What if the dialled number is busy & I want this line coming back to my Voice Mail is it possible.

Regards,
Vijay

what if the number you are forwarding too has an extension
exp:234-5678 ext123

No it may be any number suppose my cell number and if I dont pick it in certain number of rings it shud come back to the voicemailof Definity.
Regards

It will only come back to voice mail if you set up 'remote coverage'.

Disp cov remote:
Input outside number in one of the free spaces, remember the space number.

Create a cover path; 'add cover path next'

For the first point of coverage, put r+the number of the space you inserted your outside line in remote coverage, so if you put 9p14035556767p678 in space 10, you should type "r10" in the first point of coverage space.

The second point of coverage should be your voice mail hunt group.

Adjust the rings to 2 or 3, anything more is way too much.

Let me know if this works for you.

It may be worth noting: You need feature 'coverage of calls redirected offnet' turned on in system-parameters customer-options; if you want call to follow coverage path after it's been directed off-net.

Not too sure what the cost is but if you don't have this option you'll have to contact your Avaya rep to pay for this feature.

Can this be done along with time of day routing? I want to do something similar and have the ext forwarded to an external number during the day, then come back to the pbx after hours.

Thanks!

Yes, just set up two different coverage paths in your system. One would go to the remote coverage path you create and the other would go to your PBX (voicemail, another ext, etc). Then, do an "add coverage time-of-day 1" and put in the coverage path you want it to start out with. Then enter the time you want it to change and the coverage path you want it to change to. Then, on the station form, enter "t1" in the coverage path field.

Let me know if this helps,

Josh

Thanks! That makes sense now. I was looking at the system Time-of-day before. I didn't notice the coverage time-of-day. I got it setup and that looks like it will work.

Thanks Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back