Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding A DID to a server via a PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

expertlackey

Technical User
Aug 29, 2006
US
I am trying to get a DID to forward to a server we have connected via a PRI and have it carry the Caller ID and the Dn being called. I have it CDP'd/DSC with DN but cannot connect to it from the outside world. If I change to TSC will all the information carry or am I missing something in my route setup?

it should forward.. dsc or tsc.. post your setup

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I have been fighting with this same scenario. I am using a PRI with DID trunk type. You won't be able to forward direct to a DSC like this. I had to setup a dummy acd to send the calls to which DCFW'd to a CDP DSC where the first digit is something different. That then is sent to the PRI with a DMI table changing the first digit back to what it is on the dummy ACD. That seems to work. If you can do QSIG, I would suggest it. If QSIG, you should be able to set the trunk type as TIE and won't have the problem. Or, try to setup NI-2 TIE with CBCR:NO. That is what the 3rd party docs are telling me to do, but I can't turn off the CBC package.

I am interested to know how this turns out for you so keep this post up to date with your results.

My current setup works, but is kluge.

Rob

Here is my setup..,
Trunk
DES ESCRIPT
TN 211 01
TYPE DID
CDEN SD
CUST 0
TRK PRI
PDCA 1
PCML MU
NCOS 0
RTMB 13 1
B-CHANNEL SIGNALING
NITE
STRI/STRO OWK OWK
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS UNR DTN CND ECD WTA LPR APN THFD HKD SPCD
P10 VNL
TKID
AACR NO
DATE 7 DEC 2007

Route

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 13
DES ESCRIPT
TKTP DID
M911_ANI NO
M911_TONE NO
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
SAT NO
RCLS EXT
VTRK NO
NODE
DTRK YES
BRIP NO
DGTP PRI
ISDN YES
MODE PRA
IFC NI2
CBCR NO
NCOS 0
SBN NO
PNI 00000
NCNA YES
NCRD YES
CHTY BCH
CPFXS YES
CPUB OFF
DAPC NO
BCOT 0
INTC NO
DSEL 3VCE
PTYP PRI
AUTO NO
DNIS NO
DCDR NO
ICOG IAO
RANX NO
SRCH RRB
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 80013
TCPP NO
PII NO
TARG 01
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
IDC NO
DCNO 0 *
NDNO 0
DEXT NO
ICIS YES
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
FLH 510
GRD 896
SFB 3

PAGE 002

NBS 2048
NBL 4096

IENB 5
VSS 0
VGD 6
DRNG NO
CDR NO
VRAT NO
MUS NO
RACD NO
EQAR NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 0
FRL 2 0
FRL 3 0
FRL 4 0
FRL 5 0
FRL 6 0
FRL 7 0
OHQ NO
OHQT 00
TDET NO
TTBL 0
ATAN NO
PLEV 2
MCTS NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
ARDN NO
AACR NO

DID

FEAT cdp
TYPE dsc
DSC 41400
DSC 41400
FLEN 0
DSP DN
RLI 113
NPA
NXX

RLI 113
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 13
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 0
DMI 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ISET 0
NALT 5
MFRL 0
OVLL 0

Any suggextions?

i send 100's of dids to a cisco call mangler with just dsc's no dgt's.. the targs can't match on the trunks and the frl of the rlb is set to 0.. the ncos of the inbound is set to 5, allowing an external call... cfo is set to orig instead of cff... works to a qsig to the cisco, works on a non pri to an opt 11 (backup phones) and to a working opt 11 on a pri.. the pri and the qsig have msg lamps and names.. it also gives me auth codes on ld from the cisco and the opt 11 on the pri... i had to duplicate the auth table in the non pri

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John, great info.......I will check my CFO/CFF settings.

On the opt 11 w/PRI, how is that route setup regarding DID/TIE and NI2/QSIG/SL1 and CBCR yes/no?

thanks
rob

John you say the TARG's can't match on the trunks? What should they be? The incomming PRI say is set to 1 what should the PRI to the server be then?

Your T1 to your Server needs to be setup as TIE then you will have no problem.

As Teekow mentioned though if you are using Iterface type = NI2 you probably can not make it a Tie

Best sollution is to use QSIG or some other emulation like ESS5

Still no resolution on this. The server vendor is basically not helping to change it to a TIE/5ESS, they said they change it back from NI2 to 5ESS and I spent 2 days changing my route, my DCH and trunk trying to get it up and it never would come up, same error every time RLS DCH WRONG MODE. So I decided just to check and see and I reprogramed the whole thing back to NI2 and it came up. Their side never had changed. Now since the T-1 connects on NI2 but not on 5ESS, they are demanding we bring Nortel in to look at it. It might connect as a TIE if they knew how to chnge the settings on their side!!!

Thanks everyone for your input! At least I learned a little from this experience!

Signed
Sever Frustrated!

CHADOC had a similar scenario on a brooktrout fax server, he found that he had his DCH programmed as USR instead of NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back