Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding a call without the phone ringing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TazRussy

Technical User
Feb 17, 2006
US
I am trying to get a phone to automatically forward to another extension without the first phone ringing. (EX. I call x1234 and it is forwarded to x5678, I want the call to be forwarded to x5678 without x1234 ringing. We can not get rid of x1234. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to get x1234 NOT to ring at all, not sure if I can do this via the terminal or not, I am VERY new to all this. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Does the x1234 have a call forward button?? If your not sure, use (Fearute *0) and hit each key to see what is programmed to each key. And then do as I said in my first post.

If you don't have a Call Forward button, you can do a Feature 4 and enter 5678 and that will forward the phone to 5678.

Thanks for the help, I found out that x1234 is setup to ring when x5678 does, any ideas on how to resolve this?

if you don't want a phone to ring, prt the set, do a change on it and change the scr (or mcr) to scn 1234, or mcn 1234.. that marks a non ringing line.. no one here can help much without a little more info.. i can think of 20 ways to make that set ring at the same time as another number. is either or both sets digital, or are we talking two numbers on the same set?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Prt the TNB of both sets here so we can see what there doing.

out all lines of 1234

ld 23
new
acd
maxp 1
ncfw 5678.. now i call 1234 and it rings 5678. the only difference then calling 5678 is that the call would still go to the voice mail of 1234... if you want it in the same box, remove 1234 mail and add it as an ext in 5678's mail box..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back