Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward to Voicemail (Tranfer @ extension #) Invalid 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbon851

IS-IT--Management
Aug 5, 2003
US
The receptionist at the console want to leave a voicemail message for extension 141. She hits the (transfer button + * + the extension number) then the LCD screens says invalid.
This is the only extension it doesn't work for. All other extensions work fine. I also tried it from may extension to 141 same thing invalid. I checked voicemail box for 141 all seems fine. Any idea what's wrong. [sadeyes]

Why the * ???

You also did not say what type of system you have or what type of VM.

If you did not take enough time to get it right the first time...

What makes you think that you have time to fix it?

I've got a Mitel 3300 ICP and Mitel 5330 IP phones.

Go to maintenance commands section and type DGT TRACE *<any working vmbox>
This way you will see what is causing it to work this way

If you dial the voicemail pilot number and then dial *141 from your phone what do you get?

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

Thanks to all. I figured it out with DGT TRACE *<any working vmbox>. I didn't have ext. 141 assigned to the Hunt group.

Pssst....
Hey gbon - if someone gives you the answer to a question that has been plaguing you, it is courtesy to say Thanks by pressing on the
*Thank ________ for this valuable port on the bottom of their post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back