Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward to External Phone Number 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2002
US
Does anyone know the feature code to forward an extension to an external phone number? I configured it in the switch with the correct category codes and stuff, but can't figure out how to forward on the physical phone.

It could be that it's country specific but this is what we use for external call forwarding.

* 22 # <external number> #

Do I put a 9 in front of the number?

When I that code and after I press the final # it calls the call forwarded number, is that normal? If so do i just hang up?

That has never happend to me before.
If you do *22# on a digital phone you should see ENTER ECF NUMBER on the digital display.

If you dont I guess that it is country specific.

Sorry that aint much help!

jD

I actually had to dial *23# then it says ECF dunno why mine is different.

I normally do *22# {1for outside line or whatever you need ) # then when you dial the extn you will see ECF Fowarded. But I prefer to use the *10*feature if you have personal numbers available. set the first profile to answer at the phone for ~10secs then number 2 to the external number or cellphone for 12 ~ 15 secs and number 3 to your voice mail. It tends to be seamless. and if there is a hicup the call is pulled back to your voicemail hope this helps

I do have personal numbers available. Could you provide me a little more information on setting up these profiles you mentioned?

Ok, say you have the following numbers:

Desk: 1234
Cordless: 2468
Mobile: 5678
Assistant: 4321
Voicemail: 121

Now say you decide you want to have it so that when someone dials your desk phone and you want it to ring your desk phone first for 7 seconds, then try your cordless for 7 seconds, then your mobile for 10 seconds, then if all else fails go to your voicemail.

You would do the following to set this up:

CDINE:DIR=1234; <---Remove any existing diverts

PELPI:DIR=1234,CHO=1,ANSPOS=1234,TIME=7,BSYCHO=2; <---When caller rings 1234, ring 1234 for 7 seconds, if busy or no reply, go to CHO=2

PELPI:DIR=1234,CHO=2,ANSPOS=2468,TIME=7,BSYCHO=3; <---Same again, hop onto CHO=3 if busy or after 7 seconds

PELPI:DIR=1234,CHO=3,ANSPOS=5678,time=10,BSYCHO=4; <---And again, you will have to make sur that the time value is shorter than any voicemail you have already setup on your mobile

PELPI:DIR=1234,CHO=2,ANSPOS=121; <---Final destination, voicemail

The above is called IRD (Individual Repeated Deflection), but if the licences are available you can have up to 5 lists with different versions of the above, which is known as a Personal Number.

To use the above you would do *10*1# to turn on, and #10# to turn off. If you used Personal Number you would substitute the 1 in the above code to whichever list you wished to enable.

Hope this helps.

bgosserand
if you have extension manager all you have to do is to open up the extension click on the personal number box, and then you have Profile 1 displayed doulble click to the right on the blue bar fill in the extn # as 1 open the &quot;on busy&quot; make that 3 remove use once.
repeat with 2 but this time with the external number.
repeat with 3 now put in your voice mail number.
click ok &quot;activate now&quot; clock ok and phone will display &quot;PROFILE 1&quot; job done
otherwise TBLUK has given you the alternative. The divert button on a digital phone overides Profiles.
Cheers

Hi All,

I have no knowledge of MD110's.... I have searched hi and low but can't find anything on my problem.

Would someone be able to tell me if the following is possible?

We have a main number xxx8800, but no fulltime receptionist to answer.
Facilities answer when they are there but that is only some of the time. Hopefully they put the phone to divert when they leave the desk, but they don't always do it. divert sends it to an ACD group xxx8840 which is the main helpdesk, but that should only be a fallback as they are busy with customer calls, not general company calls.

what we would like is that the main number should ring for say 30 secs and if unaswered by the Facilities person should then get automatically diverted to the ACD group and enter the queue they have setup for that. Once there it hould behave as any other xxx8840 call coming in from the outside.
Sounds fairly straighforward, but apparently the experts say the MD110 won't do that, that once it arrives and is automatically diverted to the ACD group it no longer behaves as an external call and cannot be handled in the queue like other 8840 numbers.

The other issue we are told that for the ACD group queue, once a call enters the queue you can have comfort messages set up and the call can be held til an operator answers, but if no-one picks it won't after a set period of time go to voicemail. Ideally it would divert to voicemail after
2 comfort messages (after about 90 secs) and the call then wouldn't get lost. Currently it just rings and rings until the caller hangs up.

sorry please ignore my last post, I meant to add new thread one of those days :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back