Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward to external number 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

davbar

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2004
CA
Trying to forward to an external number from a 2616 set. As soon as I press forward after entering the digits I hear a fast busy with Release and Try Again on the display. Any help would be appreciated.

David.

1st check that you have cls cfxa

---------------------------------
PDulfo aka pdiddy

Make sure the key you defined for Forward is allowing enough digits to make an external call.

Example:

04 CFW 4

For key 4, it would only allow 4 digits.

04 CFW 11

to allow 11 digits.

Alex

Thanks guys I was lacking CFXA and sufficient forwarding digits, but now I can't forward to long distance. When I try, the call ends up going to ATT. From what I've read I understand this may be because the NCOS on the trunk the call is coming in on is too low. But I should also mention that we have long distance codes, do you need to somehow supply the long distance code when you're entering the forward number?

David.

Oh I forgot to mention, if the NCOS on the trunk is the problem, I have no idea where to go to check that or fix it, so if you could give me some tips on that, I'd appreciate it...
David.

In LD 21 PRT RDR data check that OPT CFF is set, not CFO This uses the forwarding set's NCOS level to determine where the caller can be forwarded. You will have to avoid being prompted for long distance code IF it is generated by the pbx. You can't send assitional digits to ld carrier after they answer and prompt you for their code.

It is CFO right now, not CFF. But I'm not sure of the commands to change it. Could someone tell me?

David.

OVL000
>ld 15
CDB000
req: chg
TYPE RDR_DATA
CUST 0
OPT cff

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks roupe and johnpoole. Unfortuneately the password I have doesn't give me access to that load, but my boss doesn't care enough about this user's problem to go and get a more powerful one, oh well...

David.

Question: i have done all that but when people call externally the call ends up at reception not forwarded but if called internally the forwarding works fine

did you check the ncos/targ on the inbound route, the ncos must be high enough to make the call and the targ cannot match

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back