Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forward to external number low volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmics

Technical User
Feb 29, 2012
US
I have a MICS 7 with an M7310 station. The extension there is forwarded to an external number, and the call does forward correctly. The issue is that the volume at the external number end is very low. Is there anything I can do to fix that ?

The DB loss from telco "copper" plus the DB loss from MICS usually will be 7 or 8
+/- a couple depending on telco "and telco is usually within it limits"
Either go to a T1 or live with it.

Pretty much retired from telecom and now grow and sell perennials from April-November and Ski from Nov-April

You could try changing the loss package on the lines to long co. It might help a bit.

Does the loss package setting only affect outbound calls or inbound as well ? Where inbound calls are now at a comfortable volume, will changing the loss package blow them out of their seats ? Can I fix that by adjusting volume on all of the internal sets ?

jmics said:
Does the loss package setting only affect outbound calls or inbound as well ?

The Loss Package setting applies to a line. Therefore, it affects all incoming and outgoing calls on that line.

allworxguy said:
The loss package has minimal effect. My old ears can tell the difference between the settings.

There might be another explanation than age… ;-)

The Installer Guide clearly states that "this setting applies only to lines connected to an NT7B75GA-93 Loop Start Trunk Cartridge".

The loss package has minimal effect. My old ears can tell the difference between the settings.

Actually meant to say CAN'T tell the difference.

Marv ccna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back